About Me

My photo
God-lover, singer, poet, writer, mother, friend. Author of Song of Unborn Child.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

When You're All Grown Up

"I want free everything!" she cries.

"I'm afraid you must work for it," I say to her, as she immediately throws her hands over her ears because she does not want to hear it.

"I WANT IT AAALL!" she wails, kicking her little feet. "Health care is a human right! And by the way, so is food and clothing! And housing? That's a human right, too! I want all of it free for everyone and I want it NOW!! And I don't care who must pay for it!"

"Is that all?"

"Noooo!!" she wails again and rolls her eyes. "I want free college education and I want all the buildings ripped down and built again the green way, so those poor little polar bears don't suffer! (sniff, sniff) And I want everyone who doesn't think like me canceled from the world foreevver!"

"I think it's time for you to go to bed now, dear. You're very tired. We can talk about it when you're all grown up."

Artwork: En Penitence by Emile Munier

No comments:

Post a Comment