About Me

My photo
God-lover, singer, poet, writer, mother, friend. Author of Song of Unborn Child.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Setting Out the Light

There, I’ve lit it. And now I shall put it in the window. They'll see it. I know that they will see it! And they'll come. First one, then two: a straggler from out of the dark, a wounded one with child; then three, then four: souls tired of the night, weary of stumbling down the path without a light.

I'm ready for them! I have piles of comfort, various kindnesses, joy, hope, and, of course, an endless supply of love. I have all that He has given me, enough to tend a multitude that might come tramping through the dark.

Ohhh, this setting-out-the-light is my favorite thing to do!


Artwork: Lantern's Warmth © Daniel Gerhartz
http://www.danielgerhartz.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment