About Me

My photo
God-lover, singer, poet, writer, mother, friend. Author of Song of Unborn Child.

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mr. Hyde

I wanted you to be my hero - my protector, even. But you could not. And I was not strong enough to stand against the rage when you would morph into that Mr. Hyde.

If only I were Wonder Woman I would have been strong enough to stand, to love, to persevere when the tide was proving not to change . . . but Wonder Woman I was not.

I needed Mr. Hyde to go away. Depart. Never dare return again; yet, leave my hero here, so he could cover me like Boaz did to Ruth. But after feet were cut and bleeding by the eggshells I was always walking on, I had to finally be the one to quietly depart. For Mr. Hyde chose not to leave, so I had to be the brave one. And God gave me strength to make the change when my hero found that he could not.

Artwork: angry superhero, angry superman, unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment