About Me

My photo
God-lover, singer, poet, writer, mother, friend. Author of Song of Unborn Child.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Once-orphaned One

I am an orphan no longer. I know my Father now. I know the One who made me and the reason for which I was made. There is so much more than this dusty world which we inhabit; there is so much more than eye can see and mind can fathom, but it is there.

I longed for one to hold me and now He does, so tightly that none can snatch me from his hand. I hungered for a bit of bread and was invited to a banquet with tables full of feast. I huddled in the cold till someone covered me with a love that warmed my being with an unearthly warmth. It is a love that none can comprehend excepting that once-orphaned one who finally found a home in Him.

I have a home! Those are words that all men wish to speak.


Artwork: Abandoned by Luigi Nono

1 comment:

  1. That painting reminds me of a book I just read, by Michael O'Brien, A Cry of Stone. If you read it, you'll know exactly how amazing it is! I can't recommend it more highly. It's a book that's changed my life and has me going after my own dreams, even to sit before God and say, "Ok, God. Here I am. Your little "lily" is listening. Help me to write to help even ONE soul. He has answered that prayer. I've got 9 pages done for a children's book. God be praised!

    ReplyDelete