About Me

My photo
God-lover, singer, poet, writer, mother, friend. Author of Song of Unborn Child.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Away Gloom!

Shhh! Quiet in the room please. Do you not know that God is here? God demands quiet you know, or didn’t you? He cannot bear His children to be a noisy bunch; it disturbs Him terribly.

If they laugh too loud, too hard, or far too long, He simply will not allow such brevity in His presence. Oh, no, not God the terrible, God the mighty and God the one who views humanity as little worms.


But what God is this that some swear to bow their knee to? I do not recognize my sweet Father in such a one. My papa in the heavens invites me to dance and twirl with sweet abandon in His presence. Like sunshine, like spring rain, He cheers my heart with joy that does good like a medicine. And the room is made brighter in His company.

Away gloom! Away grim, somber faces! How say you know my God when fear is what you know and joy is far removed? I would say differently.

Artwork: After Evening Prayers by Xavier Mellery

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, don't buy the gloom. So much grace and mercy and joy, especially joy. Even on bad days, joy with God overflows, overwhelms, overcomes. Yes, the gloom wilts from God's joy. :>)

    ReplyDelete